God celebrates family
What evidence do you see that God values life and family?
There you and your families will feast in the presence of the Lord your God, and you will rejoice in all you have accomplished because the Lord your God has blessed you.
About this week’s promise:
This week we pause to remember Terri Schiavo, who died on March 31, 2005 after a long battle over sustaining her life. The tragedy of that battle serves as a reminder that God values life and celebrates family.
Within God’s laws and rules for his people in the land of promise, we find this wonderful insight: God is a God of joy and gladness. He wants us to worship him with joy and gladness. Families come together for feasting and food, joy and delight, fun and games. “Count me in,” God is reminding us. “Use these occasions to praise and honor me and to thank me for what I have done for you.” Remember this when you get together for family feasting and fun.
Adapted from TouchPoint Bible with devotional commentary by Ron Beers and Gilbert Beers, Tyndale House Publishers (1996), p 166
For more on this week’s promise, see Fighting for David by Leone Nunley and Deanne Merrill, Tyndale House Publishers (2006)
“Persistent vegetative state” — that was the term doctors used to describe the condition of Leone Nunley’s handsome young son, David, following a horrific motorcycle crash. But when doctors were prepared to give up hope for his recovery, Leone determined to fight for David’s future. In this powerfully inspiring story, Leone shares her many trials — legal, financial, emotional, and spiritual — and the amazing ways that faith helped her, and David, overcome. She also offers a unique and personal perspective on many of the questions raised by highly publicized cases such as that of Terri Schiavo.
Content is derived from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation and other publications of Tyndale Publishing House
- God Calms Our Fears (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Was Tempted Yet Sinless (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- We in His Image (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Discernment Among Christians/david Reagan/ the Word (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Our Most Perfect Support – Jesus Christ (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Foresight of God (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Feeling of Fleeing and the Grace of Christ (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Praising Our Maker (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- God Helps Us (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)