Do you have the joy of God’s presence?
On that day the announcement to Jerusalem will be, “Cheer up, Zion! Don’t be afraid! For the Lord your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all our fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song.”
I know the Lord is always with me, I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is filled with joy, and my mouth shouts his praises!
Happy are those who obey his decrees and search for him with all their hearts.
Is joy, or happiness, a passing emotion or a permanent state? The Bible says it can be both. There is happiness that reacts to happenings (which is temporary and volatile), and there is happiness that overrules happenings (which is strong and lasting). Happiness based on happenings is part of life, but if that is all we can count on we have to keep feeding ourselves with events to keep us upbeat. Those who know the joy that comes from God don’t need happenings to keep them happy. They learn how to develop inner joy because they know, no matter what happens, God offers hope and promise.
From the TouchPoint Bible (Tyndale House) p 1209
Content is derived from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation and other publications of Tyndale Publishing House
- God Calms Our Fears (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Praising Our Maker (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Great Blessing (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- We in His Image (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Our Most Perfect Support – Jesus Christ (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Was Tempted Yet Sinless (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- God Helps Us (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- God Is in Charge of the World (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- HALLALUIAH=The Sound of the Lord’s Return!!! (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)