Greater Than Our Dreams
May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
I have found that the most extravagant dreams of boyhood have not surpassed the great experience of being in the will of God, and I believe that nothing could be better.
No locked closets
What does it mean to be a person after God’s own heart? Seems to me, it means that your life is in harmony with the Lord. What is important to him is important to you. What burdens him burdens you. When he says, “This is wrong, and I want you to change,” you come to terms with it because you have a heart for God.
When you are deeply spiritual, you have a heart that is sensitive to the things of God. “For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that he may strongly support those whose heart is completely his” (2 Chronicles 16:9).
God is looking for men and women whose hearts are completely his. They have no locked closets. Nothing’s been swept under the rugs. When you do wrong, you admit it and come to terms with it.…You long to please him in your actions.
It’s no wonder that David moved from awe at God’s work to praising God himself (Psalm 19:7-14). He saw that a God who could create such beauty throughout the universe is a God who wants to create beauty in our own lives as well. But he can only create that beauty when we yield our hearts and souls completely to him. As we discover more and more about who God is and how much he loves us, obedience to him becomes less of a chore and more of a pleasure.
Adapted from Men of Integrity Devotional Bible with devotions from the editors of Men of Integrity, a publication of Christianity Today International (Tyndale, 2002), entry for May 6.
Content is derived from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation and other publications of Tyndale Publishing House
- Feeling of Fleeing and the Grace of Christ (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- God Calms Our Fears (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- God Gives Understanding to Those Who Seek (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Joy of God’s Presence (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Our Most Perfect Support – Jesus Christ (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- April 10, 2013 Word of The Day (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Christ Is Risen! Amen (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Death Could Not Hold Him! Amen (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Palm Sunday (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)