Dr Cho Yonggi: Vision and Prayer (Brownsville Revival!)
Teach the truth
Make them pure and holy by teaching them your words of truth.
Truth is unchanging
“Hey, Mom, guess what we learned in school today?” Victor took off his raincoat and dropped it on the floor inside the back door.
“Did you know that people used to think the world was flat?” Victor said.
“Did they?” Mom said, dropping her mouth in an expression of shock. “If it’s not flat, what shape is it?”
“It’s round,” Victor said. “You know that.”
“You’re right,” Mom admitted. They sat down in a chair next to a freestanding globe in the corner of the front room. “But all those years people thought the world was flat, was it flat or was it round?”
Victor thought for a moment before answering firmly, “Round.”
Mom nodded, “That’s right, Victor. You see what people thoughtdidn’t change what was true, did it? Let me ask you one more question, Victor. Some people say the Word of God isn’t true. What do you think about that?”
Victor pondered his mom’s question for a long minute before answering. “What they think doesn’t matter, does it, Mommy?” Victor answered.
“You’re right, Victor,” Mom said. “Because truth doesn’t change.”Adapted from The One Year® Book of Josh MacDowell’s Family Devotions by Bob Hostetler, Tyndale House Publishers (1997), p 122.
- What do you serve your mind? (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- The head and not the tail (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Israel’s Future (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Waiting for our prayers (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Guard Your Heart (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- A Man Of Sorrows (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Understanding God’s Word April 11, 2013 (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Understanding God’s Word (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- God Gives Understanding to Those Who Seek (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)