Trusting in God‘s promises
I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I will give thanks to your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness, because your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.
God makes a promise, faith believes it, hope anticipates it, patience quietly awaits it.
When David Livingstone had to pass through the most dangerous country of the fierce native chief Mburuma and decide whether to furtively sneak through at night or go by day and risk being killed, he staked his life on the promise of Jesus’ presence in Matthew 29:19-20: “Go and make disciples of all nations.…And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” He wrote in his journal, “t is the word of a Gentleman of the most sacred and strictest honor, so there’s an end on it!” Livingstone knew that God backs up his promises with all the honor of his name, so he proceeded in broad daylight, trusting in his Savior’s promise. God fulfilled his Word, and Livingstone made the crossing safely because the Lord Jesus was beside him, just as he said he would be. God’s promises are just as true and alive today for those who will pray them, trust them, stand on them, and walk in them.
THANK YOU, FATHER, for backing your promises by all the honor of your name. It is a mighty and powerful and trustworthy name! I give thanks to you for your unfailing love and faithfulness. Help me to move forward under your direction in the light of your unfailing and precious promises.
Content is derived from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation and other publications of Tyndale Publishing House
- MAY 13, 2013 God’s strength is greater (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Let Your Light Shine and Be a Lighthouse (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- The head and not the tail (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Waiting for our prayers (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- May 10 2013 Dr Cho Yonggi: Vision and Prayer/Teach the truth (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Secure on Mount Zion (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Understanding God’s Word April 11, 2013 (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Understanding God’s Word (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- God Gives Understanding to Those Who Seek (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)