Those who trust in God are no longer guilty
Should you feel guilty?
The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul. The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commandments of the Lord are clear, giving insight to life. Reverence for the Lord is pure, lasting forever. The laws of the Lord are true; each one is fair. They are more desirable than gold, even the finest gold. They are sweeter than honey, even honey dripping from the comb. They are a warning to those who hear them; there is great reward for those who obey them. How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep me from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin.
No reason to feel guilty
In the beginning of this passage, the psalmist speaks of the perfect law of God and the way it protects us, makes us wise, and gives us joy and light. God’s Word is sweeter than honey dripping from a honeycomb, warning us, and giving success to those who obey.
Recognizing the power, sweetness, and beauty of God’s Word, however, brings us face to face with the darkness of the sins lurking in our heart — some that we are all too familiar with and others that we have committed unknowingly. Confession shines the bright light of God’s forgiveness into these dark corners of the heart, exposes them, and cleanses them. This cleansing forgiveness in turn brings freedom from guilt. Once forgiven, we have no reason to feel guility anymore.
Content is derived from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation and other publications of Tyndale Publishing House
- Not Guilty (matthew24prophecy.wordpress.com)
- God Maps Out Our Lives (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- One Day at a Time, One Step at a Time (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- God Revealed (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- May 22, 2013 Fulfillment of prophecy? (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- June 28, 2013 Dare I Be Counter-cultural? (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Those who trust in God are no longer guilty (matthew24prophecy.wordpress.com)
- June 24, 2013 God’s Blessings (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Join Perry Stone As He Teaches From Israel (matthew24prophecy.wordpress.com)