Do you demonstrate God’s mercy to other people?
But you, dear friends, must continue to build your lives on the foundation of your holy faith. And continue to pray as you are directed by the Holy Spirit. Live in such a way that God‘s love can bless you as you wait for the eternal life that our Lord Jesus Christ in his mercy is going to give you. Show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. There are still others to whom you need to show mercy, but be careful that you aren’t contaminated by their sins.
Christians have sometimes been accused of shooting their own wounded. In our zeal for God, we can sometimes become impatient and judgmental with those who struggle with sin and doubt. Instead of rejecting them, Jude says, we should have mercy on them — just as Christ had mercy on us when he forgave our many sins. While we must not tolerate or accept sin, we are to love and accept others with kindness and mercy. If you know someone who has fallen away from God, your kindness may be just what is needed to lead them back to God.
Content is derived from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation and other publications of Tyndale Publishing House
- Merciful God (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- All My Hope Is in Jesus Christ (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- God Maps Out Our Lives (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- Those who trust in God are no longer guilty (matthew24prophecy.wordpress.com)
- Charges Dropped (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- May 22, 2013 Fulfillment of prophecy? (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)
- May 07, 2013 It’s True! (dailymannablog.wordpress.com)